Internet Download Manager needs access to URLs inside different browser. IDM Integration allows its users to download files without facing errors. If you have IDM but it doesn’t shows downloading button then there is something wrong with extension. Basically, Internet Download Manager is one of faster file downloading utility among its competitors.
So before using it, all browsers need to have extension or add-on installed before start using. Only Internet Explorer will install the extension automatically but modern browsers including Opera, Firefox and Chrome will need some interaction. There are 2 ways to install IDM integration in modern browsers.
Advanced Browser Integration:
This option does not need any third party application because the application has this feature under settings. You can easily integrate extension into installed web browsers by using this feature.
- Launch IDM application from desktop or system tray
- Find Downloads in file menu and Choose options
- General settings has this option with the name of “use advanced browser integration”
- Check this option if previously not checked or perform uncheck first and then check it again
- If it ask for computer restart then do it, you have done
IDM Integration in Chrome:
The second option is to download and install integration manually. You only need to have IDM installed in your computer or laptop. Separate procedure for Firefox and Chrome integration but ultimately its same.
- Open Google Chrome
- From right menu below red cross button, find More Tools and select Extensions or paste chrome://extensions/ in new browser tab.
- Download file from below links and drag IDMGCExt.crx file between extensions.
- Choose OK or install button when it will ask for user confirmation.
IDM Integration in Firefox:
Similar procedure but Firefox is using Add-ons term and Chrome uses Extensions. Simple steps will integrate IDM into Mozilla’s Firefox in just seconds.
- Launch Firefox from desktop or start menu
- Find Tools from file menu and select Add-ons
- If can’t access to file menu then press CTRL + Shift + A or paste it about:addons in new browser tab
- Choose Extensions from the left menu
- After download for Firefox, just drag idmmzcc.xpi file in between installed add-ons and click install if required.
Technical File Details
|Give a rating|
|Last Updated On|
|February 21, 2019|
|Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / XP|
|77 KB / 420 KB|
IDMGCExt.crx / idmmzcc.xpi